Chattooga Rafting Information
The Trip of Your Life is better than a 7 hour ride at Six Flags with no lines.
When you ride the rapids with Southeastern you get the most bang for your bucks.
Whether you take your family or your friends, there’s no better way to make a vacation – even if it’s a one day getaway.
And when you come back you’ll feel great that you tested your mettle with action that’s truly different, fun and exciting.
The Art of the Perfect White Water River Trip
You can’t do this just anywhere – if you really want to feel the art of the perfect river-run, you’ve got to know the Chattooga like we do here at Southeastern. Our guides are second-to-none, funny and raft this river every day for a living.
Do you get a personal guide at an amusement park? Hardly. You’ll be lucky to get a shiny map. With a Southeastern guide you get a real adventure, excitement and a deep personal experience that will bond your friends and family together.
It’s also much more impressive to brag about.
Don’t miss out by taking a normal vacation!
Whether you crave the thrill of hurtling through white water or prefer the natural splendor of the Wild and Scenic Chattooga River corridor, we’ve got the package to fit every type.
Just don’t pass on this opportunity to experience a real adventure. One you’ll be telling your friends about and remember for years to come.
Even if rafting isn’t something you thought that you could do, our fantastic guides will make the trip possible. You’ll have an expert who can teach you and answer all of your questions. You’ll also get your own paddle that you can use to move the raft over white water rapids, and take an active role in the adventure.
As the rafting season approaches, this is the perfect time for you to jump into our state of the art, self-bilging rafts. They help you stay above the current as you concentrate on how to plow through the waves and outsmart the rocks that give us rapids with names like Bull’s Sluice and Soc em Dog.
Section III White Water Rafting
With names like that you know you’re going to have a great time. The first, Bull’s Sluice, is toward the end of Section III. It’s a large class IV rapid that takes you through multiple levels of white water.
- The Chattooga is a free flowing river whose characteristics vary according to water level. Our minimum age for Section III is 8 years old; however, at higher water levels this trip is best suited for ages 10 and up. As water levels rise and fall, management will use their discretion on whether to allow children under the age of 10 to go on the trip, and/or run specific rapids.
- Guests must be able to walk in and out of access trails totaling ¼ mile or more in length, negotiate rocky terrain, and actively participate in paddling the raft.
- Any reservation not paid in full one week before the trip will be deleted.
Section IV White Water Rafting
Forget standing for an hour just to follow the herd onto a 50 second ride. You know what the masses don’t. You smile more riding Section IV.
- These are the most intense rapids east of the Mississippi. That means if you’re not near the Mississippi or the Colorado rivers, you’ll be hard pressed to find a better ride than what we offer you at Southeastern.
- The climax of the trip is towards the end as the rafts plunge down the notorious Five Falls and Soc-em-Dog. This trip is built for adventurers and thrill seekers.
- It’s a 7 hour trip and you’ll get to paddle it all.
- You just need to be 12 years old.
Full Day White Water Rafting Trips Provide the Full Experience
How You Can Do Them Both? If you have more time and moxy, you’ll love sleeping outside under the stars with us, which will give you the opportunity to raft it all…Sections III and IV.
- Not only will you see all of the Chattooga’s intensity, you’ll get the best value from any of our trips.
- We’ll feed you! Imagine well-earned steaks grilled to perfection alongside freshly caught fish. Sure beats the greasy burger and fries that will cost you big at Six Flags.
- Bring just yourself, because we provide your outdoor gear.
Call Us Now To Book the Trip of Your Life!
Because if you want our biggest adventure, you’ll have to act fast. The only overnight trips where we have room to spare happen just once a month.
If you’ve never gone rafting before – now is your chance. And if you have then you know why we do this every day.
And we’d love for you to join us.
Southeastern is located just under 2 hours from Atlanta, Georgia. We’re far enough away to be out in the woods, but close enough so you can reach us. Travel just 9 miles out of Clayton on Long Creek Highway, labeled Hwy 76 to find us, and the put-in to section IV.
We’re your Chattooga center for outdoor information in the Chattahoochee National Forest. We can help you choose the outing that best fits you – even if you’d like to combine hiking, camping, mountain biking or anything else. Sometimes not all the rapids listed above can be rafted because of the natural water flow. Some can be too dangerous to traverse. Please call us to discuss dates and flow when wanting to book your trip.
Ask us about your dream trip and we’ll make it happen.
Just call our Adventure Specialists at 1-800-868-7238